SEALING YOUR DUCTS CAN SAVE YOU MONEY, ASK ME HOW!
In houses with forced-air heating and cooling systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the house. In a typical house, however, about 20 to 30 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
How do you know that your home has poorly performing ducts?
- you have high summer and winter utility bills;
- you have rooms that are difficult to heat and cool;
- you have stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable;
- your ducts are located in an attic, crawlspace, or the garage;
- you find tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your system.
BENEFITS OF DUCT SEALING
A duct system that is well-designed by one of our specialist and properly sealed can make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and safer.
WHY CHOOSE AK AIRE FOR SEALING UP YOUR DUCTS
We start by sealing air leaks using mastic sealant, special caulking or metal tape to insulate all the ducts that we can access (such as those in attics, crawlspaces, unfinished basements, and garages). We also, make sure that the connections at vents and registers are well-sealed where they meet the floors, walls, and ceiling. These are common locations to find leaks and disconnected ductwork.