Did you know some modern homes can be at least ten times more polluted than the smoggiest cities? Recent EPA studies, discovered along with the most common airborne pollutants such as pollen, viruses, dust and dust mites; there are other invisible assassins in our home. Such as radon, CO2, as well as other gas-emitting chemicals like formaldehyde. FORMALDEHYDE? How Can this be? Formaldehyde is used in making modern carpeting, drapery, household cleaners, furniture and building materials.
Much of this problem is attributed to the way modern homes are built— in order to meet the states new energy efficiency ratings, today’s home is to be as air-tight as possible. The consequence is stale air, which can be laced with odors, chemicals, irritants – even miniscule insects – often becomes trapped in modern homes, where it circulates over and over. This can lead to eye irritation, sneezing, runny nose, sinus congestion, stuffiness, colds, flu, headaches, dizziness, outbreaks of allergies and asthma, sore throats, and various other respiratory ailments.
So serious and prevalent is this issue that environmentalists have coined a new term for it-IAQ or Indoor Air Quality. Today’s homeowners need to become more aware of the importance of IAQ and what they can do about it.
Indoor Air Quality Products Whole House Exact Fit Media Air Cleaners were designed to fit any Rheem central heating system. This exact-fit design maximizes filtration allowing your Rheem home comfort solution make the air in your home cleaner and more comfortable. These air cleaners provide the most advanced filtration solution for removing dust, pollen and pet dander, to name a few, and to make sure cleaner air is circulated to your entire home.
- Traps and Filters – Reduces major pollutants, such as dust and pollen, from the air passing through your HVAC systems.
- 4″ Deep-Pleat Filters – With filters that perfectly fit the media cabinet, surface area is maximized allowing filters to last up to one year reducing replacement changes.
- Exact Fit System – Cabinets are an exact-fit system solution to your Rheem residential air handlers and gas furnaces providing quick installation by your HVAC professional. Each cabinet includes one MERV 8 media filter.
- Finish – Granite paint matches Rheem equipment.
- 5-Year Limited Warranty* – We stand behind our warranty and make it easy for our customers to work with us.
* Refer to owner’s manual for warranty information.